Friday, April 30, 2010

Nostalgia. words by ashleigh

It ended like every other day. Schoolwork while listening to a bit of music.
I found myself becoming quite reflective on the past 6 or so years of my schooling life, and let me tell you, i was almost in tears. To be completely honest, i forget most of my junior years form years 7 to 10. But he last two years are clear as day.
I'm not gonna lie and say that they have been the easiest years of my life, (although they are yet to be complete), but they are the most memorable. I realise that i still come home from school everyday complaining about the schoolwork or friendship drama's, but in the big scheme of things, they are insignificant. The fact of the matter is, i love my school. You may be thinking to yourself, it is JUST a school. Well, to you maybe that's all it is, but to me, it is where my 'first's' happened.
My first crush
My first humiliations
My first successes
My first failures
My first fights
My first detention
My first true friendships.
For crying out loud, i became a WOMAN at the very school!
Although some of these 'firsts' are best forgotten, they are and always will be remembered and a part of my schooling experiences.

I find it almost unimaginable how fast paced and quickly this year in particular has gone. Not too long ago i remember the year 12's leaving the school, with my grade marking the guard of honor. In a few short months this will be us taking our last steps in our school.
The place where we have spent the last 7 years of our lives. Monday to Friday. 8am til 3.10pm.

So help me God when i leave the school.
I think i will be an emotional wreck.

So kiddies, the moral of the story is; Do not, i repeat, DO NOT take your schooling life for granted, because you will regret it. I sound like an old hag, but if you are fortunate enough to have been taught at a school like mine, you will want to remember it for what it is.

The best years of your life
.
.
.
Yours sentimentally,
the inexperienced blogger
ash
x

No comments:

Post a Comment