Sunday, June 6, 2010

state of mind

So, iv'e had one of those "blase" kind of days, where the only excitement i get is an outing to the local library. The worst part about working where i work, is that:
a) i see half my school there OR
b) i see half my school's parents there.

And, being the oh so kind person i am, i stop to chat/ make small talk/ prolong going home to do schoolwork. I saw several parents on this particular day and what did each one ask me?

What do you want to do when you finish school?


Being witty, i reply
I'm not too sure yet

Usually, the conversation would end by this stage. Or i would receive the occasional comment, about how quickly time has flown, or receive a small sermon on the passage of time. But today, i ran into a lively young character, who goes by the name of Mrs. C

Mrs C: what do you want to do when you leave?
me: Not too sure yet, i've changed my mind
Mrs C: But surely you know
Me: nah, not yet... we'll see
Mrs C: well what subjects do you like
Me: ummm, english
Mrs C: is that it?
Me: yeah
Mrs C: Well MY daughter LOVES science!
Me: i hate science.
Mrs C: so how many jobs do you have now?
Me: Just the two
Mrs C: Same as my daughter... well, if you count her tutoring, she's got three


WHO ARE YOU?
and
STOP ASKING ABOUT THE FUTURE!
i don't care if you're daughter is the reincarnation of jesus. I DON'T CARE.
i hate science.

don't try and better me.


yours always,
the inexperienced blogger
ash
x

No comments:

Post a Comment