Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chapter 27... Heart, Ol' Heart

My heart screams and I am silent as you walk through my mind. You're pacing, you're upset.
My mouth moves and I am silent as I watch you fall. You're hurt, you're crying.
My feet move and I am still as I watch you in pain.

I'm alone.

No friends but a room full of red doors, starkly contrasting the white setting and sea of black marble floor.

The room's getting smaller.

Door one- A great dream
Locked.

Door two- A great revelation
Locked.

Door three- A great escape
Locked.

Door four- A great life
Locked.

Door five- A great wealth
Locked.

Door six- A great nothingness
Locked.

Door seven- A great reality
Open.

My heart races, my steps slow and precise. The echo of my shoes ringing for what seems like forever.
You're not real.

I can see you. I can touch you. I can smell you. But I can never have you.
I'm trapped. Tangled in a web of unattainability. A vicious vine of delusion controlled by my mind, empowered by your actions.

My final chapter is you.

I'm cutting loose.
I'm letting go.

And you can find me behind door four.


Exeunt.


-A-

No comments:

Post a Comment