Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I open my eyes and beams come out.

Dear twenty-eleven,

Firstly, give twenty-ten a huge thanks from me.
This is the year I want to change completely. I don't want to be me anymore... not that I've ever been sure who I really am. I just want to emphasise all the things I love, that make me happy, that make me laugh and on occasion make me cry. I'm hoping that this will be the year that I discover the person I really want to be, materialistic, completely naturalistic, narcissistic, artistic or all of the above and more. Perhaps this will be the year I discover love's existence in someone new.
New; there's something about the word that makes you want to try harder. It almost makes perfection attainable. Twenty-eleven, you will be my year of dreams. More so, you will be the year my dreams come true because I will find the power to work my bum off and do great things.
I will make new friends. I will keep the old ones. I will find my true friends. And I will be a better friend.
You're the year I learn to drive. I'll get my P's.
You're the year I learn French. I'll practice.
You're the year I get another job. I'll save.
You're the year I argue. I'll win.
You're the year I forget. I'll move on.


Twenty-eleven, you're one more year I go looking for myself, making this self discovery shenanigan a little more difficult. You'll be a bitch, but challenge accepted.


Don't hold back, because I sure as hell am not.


-A-

No comments:

Post a Comment